Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA)
The Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA) is a two year Leaving Certificate available to students who wish to follow a practical Leaving Certificate programme with a vocational focus.
Assessment is on a Credit system. There are 200 credits available in total:
- 62 credits (31%) for ongoing attendance, class work and assignments.
- 70 credits (35%) for 7 Student Tasks (project work).
- 68 credits (34%) for 7 Final Examinations.
The LCA is awarded at three levels:
- Pass: 120 - 139 credits (60% - 69%)
- Merit: 140 - 169 credits (70% - 84%)
- Distinction: 170 - 200 credits (85% - 100%)
Leaving Certificate Applied students may take the following subjects:
- Vocational Preparation and Guidance (VPG)
- English and Communication
- Mathematical Applications
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Social Education
- Religious Education
- Hotel Catering and Tourism (HCT)
- Craft and Design
- Grahics and Construction Studies
- Leisure and Recreation
Ms Lorraine Kells is the LCA Coordinator at St Kilians' CS.
Parents and Guardians who require further information should make an appointment, through the School Office, to meet with Ms Kells.