Book Rental Scheme
- St Kilian’s CS has a Book Rental Scheme, which is compulsory for all students.
- The Parents’ Association plays a major role in operating the scheme, for which the school is extremely grateful.
- First Year students, and all new students, pay a €50 deposit when joining the scheme. This is returned at the end of Sixth Year if all books have been returned undamaged throughout the student's time in the school.
- There is an annual charge for the Book Rental Scheme. This varies from €90 to €125.
- Students following the Leaving Cert Applied (LCA) programme do not require textbooks
- Book Lists are issued to parents in June/July.
- Books are collected from the school in August, on specified dates.
- At the end of every school year, students return their books to the Book Rental Scheme.
- Families with exceptional financial difficulties should contact the school, where they will be dealt with in confidence.
- Students may not be issued with their books if their Book Rental fee is not paid in full.